Sunday, May 15, 2016

Happiness is so much simpler than you think...



Not sure how many of you have seen this most profound Salomon video clip featuring a young man in France who runs with his two dogs, a mother and son, and the lessons he learns in life but are easy to forget.

What I try to remember each morning I awake, is to make my day like it was not only my first but also possibly my last as one...deeply grateful for the love of close family, friends, and my new pup, Kit.  Keaton passed away October 1, 2015.  It took me until July 2016 to find a new companion.  She's a rescue pup and is the epitome of a four-footed, loving companion. 

I was told in high school by an English teacher I had "joie de vivre".  She said to never lose it.  I nearly did in my 30s when married and struggling deeply with which direction I needed to go. The proverbial fork in the road.  Which path would I take?

At 56 years old and quickly approaching 57, with a head full of formerly grey hair that I recently had died platinum (for fun), I now feel great about, I've decided this is a poignant time for figuring out what I want to be, or do, when I grow up.  My virtual office at home began in 1986.  You could call me a home office pioneer.  No internet to rely upon, massive amounts of Annual Reports, and confidential reports FEDEXed to clients.  Man, has my business changed! 

My son is off and doing extremely well.  Three years ago he met an Irish lassie, gentle, kind hearted, and an old soul.  They're marrying June 16, 2018 on the beach in Sea Bright, NJ.  Although he's always in the back of my mind, I don't have to worry about him like I did when he was in college.  He has successfully flown the coup.  I'd be remiss in not admitting to missing him immensely and our connection.  I logically know you raise your children the best you can to set them free but it's much harder than you ever realize until you truly let them go.  One day he will know how I feel, as he will start a family with his soon to be bride.  All the books I read, and according to my ex husband they weigh more than I do, hopefully have helped during those first three to four crucial years of early parenting.  If his choice of his fiance is any reflection on my parenting, I'll accept it because he couldn't have selected a more perfect choice than Bernadette, as they are best friends and will remain so forever.

I hope you enjoy this short video clip.

Thank you, Salomon!

https://youtu.be/05sUhlxFBk0

No comments:

Post a Comment